Adidas Adizero Prime X Strung Review: A Detailed Look at the Latest Running Shoe


As a runner, I had the chance to test out the brand new Adidas Adizero Prime X Strung shoes, and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. The shoes are part of the Adidas Adizero line and feature a high stack of Light Strike Pro foam and carbon energy rods in the forefoot. But what sets these shoes apart is the new upper, which utilizes the "Strung" technology.

This technology layers precision placed threads on top of the shoe to provide structure where it's needed and lightweight where it's not. The placement of the threads is determined through a combination of athlete input and computational design, allowing for optimal performance.

In terms of the stack height, the Adizero Prime X Strung has a 50 mil stack, which is the same as the original Prime X and over the race legal limit of 40 millimeters. It weighs in at 249 grams (8.8 ounces) for a UK men's size 8.5 and will cost 275 euros, with the UK and US prices still to be confirmed.

After my first run, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised. Although there was a bit of instability initially, once I got into my stride and ran with more intent, I felt the Light Strike foam and energy rods really engage and provide a lot of propulsion. The shoes were fun to run in and I felt that extra bounce and spring that you wouldn't expect from a pair of shoes with such a high stack height.

The new Strung upper was also a highlight for me. It provided the structure I needed while also feeling light and comfortable. I was able to run at a lower heart rate than I would have expected, even with a cold, and I attribute that to the overall comfort of the shoes.

Overall, if you're a fan of the Adizero Prime X, you'll love the Adizero Prime X Strung. The midsole construction is the same, and the added Strung upper only enhances the already great performance of the shoes. If you're in the market for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend giving these a try.



Post a Comment

0 Comments